Thank you to everyone who helped with our Spring Plant Sale & Auction in Berlin. It takes many people to pull this event together from getting publicity out, collecting donations from nurseries and garden centers, bringing food and beverages, helping with setup and break down, helping with pricing, recording auction prices, collecting the money, running credit cards, etc. Thanks also to everyone who donated plants from your yards. All of the help and hard work is greatly appreciated. We raised $5,364 for the CHS Scholarship Fund!
Many thanks to our educational and entertaining auctioneers: Lisa Elder from Natureworks, Liba Judd from Broken Arrow Nursery and our very own Maryanne Gryboski, Judy King and Kevin Wilcox.
The following nursery/garden centers generously donated to our auction. Please consider patronizing them when doing your garden shopping.
- Acer Gardens, Deep River
- Baggot Farms, East Windsor
- Ballek’s Garden Center, East Haddam
- Broken Arrow Nursery, Hamden
- Butler’s Florist & Garden Center, West Hartford
- Cheshire Nursery Garden Center, Cheshire
- Cricket Hill Garden, Thomaston
- E. Draghi & Sons Farm, South Glastonbury
- Flower Power Farm, East Windsor
- Garden Sales, Manchester
- Gilbertie’s Herbs and Garden Center, Westport
- Gotta’s Farm, Portland
- Harken’s Garden Center, East Windsor
- Moscarillo’s, West Hartford
- Natureworks, Northford
- Prides Corner Farms, Lebanon
- Scott’s Orchard & Nursery, Glastonbury
- Stone Post Gardens, Middletown
- Stonehedge Landscape & Garden Center, Newington
- The Garden Barn Nursery, Vernon
- Tower Farms, Cheshire
- Van Wilgen’s Garden Center, North Branford
- Wakeman’s White Birch Nursery, Trumbull
- Winterberry Gardens, Southington
- Woodland Gardens, Manchester
The wonderful wholesalers, Monrovia Nursery Co – Connecticut in Granby and Plant Group in North Franklin, also generously contributed plants to our auction.
If you have any suggestions for future CHS Plant Sale & Auction events or if you would like to be added to our volunteer list, please email email@example.com.