Thank you to everyone who helped with our Fall Plant Sale & Auction in Vernon. It takes many people to pull this event together. From publicity, collecting plant donations and food prep to auction setup/breakdown, pricing and cashiers—everyone’s help and hard work is greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone who donated plants from your yards or who donated items to our Silent Auction. Also a big thanks to the Master Gardeners and members of the UConn Horticulture Club. Collectively we raised about $3,000 for the CT Hort Scholarship Fund!
Many thanks to our educational and entertaining auctioneers: Dan Furman from Cricket Hill Garden, Lisa Elder and Melissa Spencer from Natureworks and perennial favorites Maryanne Gryboski and Kevin Wilcox.
The following businesses generously donated to our auction. Please consider patronizing them when garden shopping:
- Agway of Manchester, Manchester
- Ballek’s Garden Center, East Haddam
- Botticello Farms, Manchester
- Broken Arrow Nursery, Hamden
- Butler’s Florist & Garden Center, West Hartford
- Cheshire Nursery Garden Center, Cheshire
- Cricket Hill Garden, Thomaston
- E. Draghi & Sons Farm, South Glastonbury
- Garden Barn Nursery, Vernon
- Garden Sales, Manchester
- Gotta’s Farm, Portland
- JillyBean’s Farmstand, Farmington
- Moscarillo’s Garden Shoppe, West Hartford
- Natureworks, Northford
- Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouses, Greenwich
- Tower Farms, Cheshire
- Twin Gardens, Collinsville
- Winterberry Gardens, Southington
The wonderful wholesalers, Monrovia Nursery Co – Connecticut in Granby, Summer Hill Nursery in Madison and Woodward Greenhouses in Chaplin, also generously contributed plants to our auction.
If you have any suggestions for future CT Hort Plant Sale & Auction events or if you would like to be added to our volunteer list, please email email@example.com.