This is the 60th year that CT Hort has been awarding scholarships to plant science students at UConn and Naugatuck Valley Community College. The Spring and Fall Plant Sales & Auctions generate the bulk of the funding. April’s sale and auction raised more than $4,200 for the CT Hort Scholarship Fund!
It takes many people to pull this event together from getting publicity out, collecting donations from nurseries and garden centers, bringing food and beverages, helping with setup and break down, helping with pricing, recording auction prices, collecting the money, running credit cards, etc. Thank you to everyone who lent a hand. Thanks also to Roman Mroczkowski for donating a handmade stone birdbath and to everyone who donated plants from their yards. All of the help and hard work is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks to our educational and entertaining auctioneers: Nancy DuBrule-Clemente Natureworks, Kassie Moss from Torrison Stone & Garden and our very own Judy King. And a big shout out to the UConn Horticulture Club who donated over a dozen plants to the effort.
The following nursery/garden centers generously donated to our auction. Please consider patronizing them when doing your garden shopping:
- Baggot Farms, East Windsor
- Broken Arrow Nursery, Hamden
- Butler’s Florist & Garden Center, West Hartford
- Cheshire Nursery Garden Center, Cheshire
- Cricket Hill Garden, Thomaston
- Flower Power Farm, East Windsor
- Garden Barn Nursery, Vernon
- Gotta’s Farm, Portland
- Moscarillo’s, West Hartford
- Natureworks, Northford
- Prides Corner Farms, Lebanon
- Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouses, Greenwich
- Scott’s Orchard & Nursery, Glastonbury
- Torrison Stone & Garden, Durham Tower Farms, Cheshire
The wonderful wholesalers, Monrovia Nursery Co – Connecticut in Granby and Plant Group in North Franklin, also generously contributed plants to our auction.
If you have any suggestions for future CT Hort Plant Sale & Auction events or if you would like to be added to our volunteer list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.