The CT Hort Board wanted to get a read on how many of us are ready to return to in-person activities. So late in February we sent out a survey to our members and to our list of contacts (someone who has expressed an interest in our events but not a member). Of the 965 who received our email request to complete a survey, 155, or 16% responded.
Here are some of the results:
- Almost 85% of those who responded would be comfortable going to a meeting in September compared to only a third who would be interested in April, May, or June meetings.
- April Speaker – 17.4%
- May Speaker – 8.3%
- June Speaker – 10.3%
- Maybe in September when we start the new season – 48.3%
- Not at all in 2021 – 14.1%
- No response – 1.2%
- 75-80% of respondents were ‘Very’ or ‘Somewhat Comfortable’ in attending events that would be ‘held outdoors.’ Conversely, indoor events drew from 14% to 46% in the ‘Very’ and ‘Somewhat Comfortable’ categories.
- Taking a virtual tour of a public garden was also an event of interest. 61% answered YES, they would be interested in a virtual tour, with 31% answering MAYBE.
Heartfelt thanks to everyone who took time to respond. As an organization we want to be responsive to our members while adhering to our state’s public safety guidelines.