CT Hort Membership – One Year – Garden Club
Your support of the Connecticut Horticultural Society (CT Hort) helps us maintain our mission and vision as an educational organization dedicated to encouraging and improving the practice of gardening and the dissemination of horticultural information to its members and the public. Your support also enables us to be the leading supplier of horticultural scholarships to University of Connecticut (UConn) and Naugatuck Valley Community College (NVCC) plant science students, who are Connecticut’s horticultural future.
The benefits of your CT Hort Garden Club membership are listed below. We’re sure you’ll find that the benefits your organization receives will greatly outweigh the actual membership cost of $80 per year.
Benefits of Garden Club Membership:
- Speaker Program: Each year, CT Hort organizes an outstanding roster of speakers, many of whom are known nationally for their horticultural contributions. Members enjoy intriguing topics such as garden design or how to find rare plants. The nine yearly program meetings offer a time to share experiences with other gardeners, gain new ideas and inspiration from informative speakers, see slides of new, trusted or unusual plants, participate in plant raffles and keep up to date in the world of horticulture. Membership includes two tickets to each of the nine monthly meetings for your garden club.
- Newsletter: Published 10 times a year, the CT Hort Newsletter is your source for updates from the Society, profiles of monthly speakers, articles on plants, landscape design, technique and other horticulture-related topics, highlights of CT Hort-sponsored travel programs, a listing of horticultural events, members’ activities, and more. Your garden club president will receive all ten issues of the Newsletter via email.
- Events: Member pricing for two to attend each CT Hort event: workshops, the biennial symposium and private garden visits
- Trips: Member pricing for two to travel on each CT Hort-sponsored trip
- Link Exchange: CT Hort will post a link to your garden club’s website on ours, in exchange for a reciprocal link on your site.
- Scholarship Support: Since 1959, CT Hort has presented scholarships to deserving students who study horticulture and attend UConn or NVCC. To put that into perspective, there are only five other donors who have consistently funded scholarships at UConn for that length of time. Your organization has the opportunity to make a donation to the CT Hort Scholarship Fund to help further horticulture studies in Connecticut.
If you prefer to pay by check, download the form for GARDEN CLUB MEMBERSHIP and mail it with your check to:
Connecticut Horticultural Society
PO Box 330966
West Hartford, CT 06133-0966
To join/renew your membership online, please select the appropriate membership type below. Membership lasts for a full year after date of purchase or your renewal date.